Wednesday 28 January 2015

Update II

It has been over 2 months since I last blogged but I blame the crazy Christmas period and the fact that I have been ill. I went to the GP last Monday and she actually said 'its unfortunate but it seems you have caught another cold just as your other one was getting better'. The utter frustration! I also blame the new disgusting routemaster buses aka 'Boris-buses' with their no-windows concept. Everyone's germs and breathe just all mixed together into a big red container, do not even bother going upstairs if you have a weak immune system. Not to mention the amount of times this bus has broken down on me, not cool Boris, not cool.

Photo credits to BBC

Some of the changes in my life since November include a promotion and starting a new internship but this internship was different, different in that it was something I wanted to do, not something that I thought I should be doing. I am so sick of job-hunting and sometimes it can get you really down. People say that in your twenties you should be out exploring and finding your passion but then society says that after graduation we should be up and running in the cut-throat working world. So I thought why can't I try and pursue something that incorporates both passion and a career, which is easier said than done but I decided on 2 interests to explore.

I researched online trying to find trainee positions or internships but they were either in Australia or did not exist, until I saw one post. There was just one small problem, it was dated 2 years back. Nonetheless I did not let that deter me and thought it was worth a try to contact the company anyway and I am so happy I did because I got a response the next day telling me that there is a spot open for another intern and to come in for an interview. Mind you it has been a long time since I have gone to an interview but the creative director is such a lovely person, I was instantly made to feel relaxed. Fast forward to 2 months later and I have been offered a part-time position and I am just ecstatic. Just as I was losing hope I was given a chance in life and I am so excited to see where this new opportunity will take me.


Following on from this positive note, I have booked my next holiday! I was so disappointed that in 2014 I did not get to go anywhere so hearing my cries W.C messaged me immediately when she had her holidays booked from work. My heart had been set on one location for a couple of months now and with some near-miss bookings I was determined to go this time round. That place was Paris. I always felt ashamed that as a British person I have never set foot in France before, even on a school trip at least! (Way back in secondary school, there was one school trip to Paris which unfortunately got cancelled due to not enough interest). So even with the terrorist scares we have booked it for February coming. 

No comments: